Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chinese Man Who Tried 2 Hit Me With A Helmet!!!!


Well anyways there was this one incident which pretty much shocked me, the level literacy in the country. Well I know this sounds like a national matter but let’s not take it that far. Well it’s a small incident to be exact.

I stopped by at my front grocery shop to get bread, so I parked my car and opened my door. The door happened to brush against a motorcycle’s mudguard (the thing below the number plate).So then I moved the bike a little to the front and then decided to close my door and go ahead to purchasing the items I wanted from the grocery store. Then I realized that my wallet was in the car so I went back to the car to get the wallet.

The owner of the bike happen to be there and he was inspecting his bike, so I told him in English,”Uncle, don’t worry, nothing happened to the bike” with a smile. TO MY SURPRISE, he said,”Apa? Mau gaduh ka?” He was a Chinese guy, he seemed rather uneducated but who am I to judge but then again the way he behaved confirmed my theory. I was pretty surprised, so I repeated what I said again, I told him not to worry. And he told me,”jangan bising bising, apa mau gaduh, fuck fuckThis was exactly what he said.This truly shocked me, for a minute I thought I was speaking French or something. Then I realized something, he doesn’t seem to understand English and he thinks I’m cursing at him in English!! I tried explaining to him since it was a misunderstanding and he was trying to intimidate me.

I tried asking him to relax and all that I didn’t say anything bad to him and I was being respectful about it. My tone explained it all. But he still was adamant that I’m cursing him in English, I tried explaining in Malay but he doesn’t seem to be able to understand that too. This time he was starting to get me on my nerves. I was thinking on whether 2 tk out my golf stick to hit him or something, as he was threatening to hit me with his helmet. Then I realized, if I hit him then where would I be?? Wouldn’t it be wrong to hit a person who doesn’t understand what exactly I’m trying to say?? Then wouldn’t that make me an uneducated person??


With all this thoughts in my mind, I decided that it was a futile attempt to do anything to him. It wouldn’t educate him in any sort and at the same time I would just gain the pleasure of getting back at him physically. I felt like a saint for a while I never expected my self backing down in such a situation,i wouldn't have if it was 1 or 2 years back,I've tone down already on my anger.. I actually felt sorry for him and his level of education. He was busy passing racist comments and so on but I decided that it wasn’t something someone of my level of education would do so I just smiled at him and drove off.


I did feel like a winner for not falling for such provocation and my teasing smile before leaving completed my day. I felt like I’ve accomplished the impossible by taming the wild animal without lifting a finger. He must have feel like a hero for abusing an Indian boy but I felt like a hero for sympathizing for the poor Chinese man.

BTW the guy was in his late 20’s which is even more surprising.

*I might go to heaven after all :)

6 comments:

  1. wow
    dat was a smart thing u did...
    and luckily he din start a fight there itself XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoh.. scary lar, what if he would have just hit u or something with da helmet,
    you were lucky sayang :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @carmen: if he would have started a fight with me, he would hv ended up in da police station..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LML: if kena helmet, im no superhero...would hv ended up in da hospital, stil wondering...if i would hv fought with him, who would hv won?? ermmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. woi!!!1 good man.....good.....love you.....good job....excellent...

    ReplyDelete